- Next Sunday’s mass co-ordination by SSVP. Carrol D’Souza to co-ordinate.
- Today Sunday, January 12th, 2020, 52 of our parish children will be receiving their First Holy Communion at the 9.15 a.m. mass. Let us in a special way pray for these children that they may grow and glow in the love of Jesus whom they will be receiving in their hearts for the very first time.
- Our parish feast of the Holy Family will be celebrated on 26th January 2020. As was done in the previous years, we shall be having special collections on 2 consecutive weekends beginning this weekend 11th/ 12th & on 18th /19th in order to defray the cost incurred for the novenas and feast. Parishioners desiring to offer novena intentions are welcome to do so at the earliest.
- Novena in preparation for the feast of the Holy Family begins on coming Friday 17/01/2020. The blessing of the banner will take place on Thursday 16/01/2020 at 6.20 p.m. followed by mass. The Rosary will precede the blessing at 6.00 p.m.
- From 17th January, Friday, novenas begin at 6.00 p.m. with the recitation of the Rosary followed by mass and salve, every day. The themes for the Novena & Feast are based on the Pastoral Letter of our Archbishop for the Pastoral Year, 2019-2020. Zones marked for each day are to conduct the Rosary and organize the liturgy. Parishioners are requested to participate in the novenas in a big way. Sunday, 19th January there will be the usual 9.15 am children’s mass followed by Catechism. Morning mass on weekdays will continue as usual. Prior to the feast there will be a 3-day fete from 23th to 25th January. On the feast day there will be a Konkani Tiatr, titled “HO UZO PALOUNK ZATA” by Tragedy King Mario Menezes. Tickets are being sold by the PPC ward representatives, on Saturday & Sunday after every mass & after the novena masses.
- The feast of St. Joseph Vaz, patron of our Archdiocese will be celebrated on 16th January, 2020. For details of the novena & feast program kindly refer to the notice board.
- Those children wishing to sing as Angels during the novenas should give their names latest by Sunday 12th January 2020 in the church office. The rehearsals will begin from 13th January, Monday from 6.00 p.m. to 6.30 p.m.
Fr. Caetano Fernandes