The current “Holy Family Church Parish Pastoral Council” completes its 3 year term this December 2011. This First PPC of the Holy Family Church will remain in office till the installation of the re-constituted PPC.
The Parish Pastoral Council is the main pastoral body of the Parish, representing all sections of the People of God in the Parish and meant to function as the principal form of collaboration, dialogue and discernment at the Parish level, under the guidance of the Parish Priest. It is consultative in its nature and its purpose is to promote communion in the parish.
Parishioners are requested to take active part in the reconstitution process, in selecting suitable representatives and to make it possible to offer their services to be members of the council.
The reconstitution process will be as per the Constitution of the PPC and guidelines issued by the Pastoral Secretariat.
The 7 phases for the reconstitution and the schedule chalked out is as follows.
- Establishing the Main Election Team (MET), consisting of PPC Executive Committee with Parish Priest as convener and including other co-opted members and drawing up plan for the reconstitution – already initiated.
- Conscientisation and motivation of parishioners – August 15 to September 15
- Preparation of Teams for ward-wise animation and conduct of elections – by September 15.
- Choice of Representatives – shortlist through ward-wise elections and ex-officio representative from Diocesan bodies and from Associations and Movements – September 15 to 30.
- Formation programme for Representatives (7 sessions) – spread over October and November.
- Recollection for representatives and election for membership of the council and Parish Priest’s nominations for the Council. – date around the first week of December, yet to be finalized.
- Inauguration of the Council followed by Election of the Executive Committee – date in January 2012, yet to be finalized.
As per the directives from the Diocesan Pastoral Secretariat (the Diocesan body that oversees the PPC’s formation and functioning) since the term of the present PPCs functioning in the different parishes of our Archdiocese ends in December 2011, the process for reconstitution of PPCs need to be set in motion at the earliest so that the newly constituted PPCs are in place latest by the end of the current pastoral year. Hence we invite the parishioners of Holy Family Parish, Alto Porvorim to pray for the Spirit of discernment to choose the right candidates who will serve as members of the newly constituted PPPC.
NATURE AND PURPOSE
The Parish Pastoral Council is the main pastoral body of the parish, representing all sections of the People of God in the parish and meant to function as the principal form of collaboration, dialogue and discernment at the parish level, under the guidance of the Parish Priest. It is consultative in its nature and its purpose is to promote communion in the parish.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERSHIP
To become a member of the Parish Pastoral Council, one should be:
- At least 18 years of age;
- Habitually residing in the parish.
- A practicing Catholic, having good moral reputation;
- Open to the Magisterium of the Church, particularly to the vision of the Vatican II and of the Diocesan Synod 2002;
- Respectful of the Ecclesiastical Authority;
- Committed to serve in the parish, specially at the Somudai/ Ward level;
- A regular participant in the formation program organised prior to the establishment of the Council.