1. Next Sunday’s mass co-ordination by Zone 8 ward (a). Mrs. Prisca Fernandes to coordinate. Saturday evening mass is in Konkani.
2. The coming Saturday evening mass (anticipated Sunday mass) will be offered for all our parish youngsters preparing for their Board Exams. This mass will be organized by our Confirmation students after which a special prayer of blessing will be bestowed on those answering their Board Exams.
3. Our parish Catechetical Cell will be winding its activities for the year 2017-2018 with the celebration of the Catechetical Day next Sunday, 25th February, 2018. The celebration will begin with the Eucharist at 9.15 a.m. & end with the programme in the evening at 6.00 p.m. The cell seeks the co-operation of Parents/guardians during the coming week as the catechism children will be required to attend rehearsals in preparation for the Catechetical Day.
4. As part of our Lenten observance, we have every Friday, during the season of Lent the Way of the Cross in our Church beginning at 6.00 p.m. followed by Mass. The coming Friday’s Way of the Cross and Mass, will be organized in Konkani by the Golden Years Association.
5. Parishioners are also informed that as part of our Lenten preparation for Easter, there will be a 3-days retreat from 15th to 17th March from 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm.
6. The budget for the year 2018-2019 will be kept in the parish office for a period of eight days from today for the perusal of the parishioners.
7. Golden Years Association fellowship meeting is on Wednesday, 21st February at 5.00 p.m. in the Church hall.
8. A calendar with a message of caring for creation showcasing water bodies in Goa photographed by our parish priest is on sale outside the Church after mass today. The calendar is priced at Rs. 20/- Parishioners are welcome to put whatever amount they wish in the boxes kept with the volunteers selling the said calendars. The proceeds of the sale will be given to ASRO – Tivim (hospice for children suffering with HIV )
9. Our Archbishop in the context of our Holy Father Pope Francis’ invitation to pray for peace, has proposed that 23rd February, 2018, Friday of the first week of Lent, be observed as a Day of Prayer and Fasting for peace in the entire world. Let us offer our prayers and sacrifices on this day for peace in the entire world particularly in areas affected by tensions and violence.
10. There is a seminar on Dementia and also a lecture on fasting. For details kindly see Notice Board.
11. There is a notice from the Village Panchayat of Salvador Do Mundo. For details kindly refer to the notice board.
Fr. Tomas Lobo