1. Next Sunday’s mass co-ordination by Couples for Christ, India. Mr Orlando Mascarenhas to coordinate. Saturday evening mass is in Konkani.
2. Parishioners will have the opportunity of celebrating the Sacrament of Reconciliation during the following week as under:
Monday (19/03/18) 6.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m……Holy Cross Chapel
Tuesday (20/03/18) 6.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m……Holy Cross Chapel
Wednesday (21/03/18) 6.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m……Holy Family Church
Thursday (22/03/18) 6.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m……Holy Family Church
Saturday (24/03/18) 7.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m……Holy Family Church
3. Next Sunday (25/03/2018) is Palm Sunday which marks the beginning of the Holy Week. Palms will be blessed at the 8.00 am mass. Parishioners are requested to bring their own palms for the celebration.
4. The way of the cross during the coming week will take place in the different wards of our parish. Hence there will be no Way of the Cross and no evening mass in the church on Friday. Ward members are requested to co-ordinate with their representatives to organize the ward-wise ‘Way of the Cross’ in a meaningful way. In view of the ward-wise Way of the Cross coming Friday, and thereafter Holy week and Paschal Family Blessings there will be no Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament on Fridays during the coming weeks.
5. As in the past years, a pandal will be put up in the Church compound to hold the Holy Week services. Those who wish to help in defraying the cost of the pandal and other expenses incurred during the Lenten services are welcome to do so during the coming weeks.
6. Today is the day of Solidarity against Hunger and Disease. Our Archbishop in his message on the occasion invites us to adopt proactive and positive actions to care for our earth, our common home. Today’s collection is specifically designated towards the social mission of the Church.
7. The ICM Sisters along with the SSVP are having a retreat for the domestic and migrant workers today, Sunday 18th March in our Church of Holy Family from 10.00 am to 3.00 pm. Employers are requested to kindly grant their household staff leave to attend the same.
Fr. Tomas Lobo