1. Next Sunday’s mass co-ordination by the Zone 6, Ward (a). Mr. Lawrence Lobo to co-ordinate. Saturday evening mass is in English.
2. The monthly PPC meeting for the month of August will be held tomorrow Monday (13/08/2018) at 7.00 p.m. in the Church hall.
3. Communion to the sick and homebound will be brought on Monday (13/08/18) in Zones I-III, on Monday (20/08/18) in Zones IV-VI and on Monday (27/08/18) in Zones VII-IX.
4. On Wednesday, 15th of August we celebrate the Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and our nation’s independence day. It is a day of obligation in our Archdiocese. There will be a Vigil Mass on Tuesday, (14/8/18) at 6.30 p.m. in Konkani to be organized by Prisca Fernandes
On 15th August, there will be 2 masses: 7.00 a.m. in Konkani to be organized by Effie Crasto and 8.30 a.m. in English to be organized by Miriam. Parishioners are reminded that the 15th August collection is earmarked for the Mission of Daman.
5. Our Altar servers will be participating in a fishing contest next Sunday the 19th August, 2018 after the catechism class from 11.30 am to 1.30 pm. Altar servers are reminded to carry their fishing equipments & water. Parents are invited too.
6. Novenas in preparation for the feast of the Nativity of our Lady begin on 30th August. Those who wish to offer flowers or contribute towards daily sweets to the children and cake on the feast day may give the same to the parish priest or at the church office.
7. The Parish youth in collaboration with CFCI youth of the Porvorim chapter invite all youngsters from the age of 13 years & above for an evening of fun and fellowship to celebrate friendship day. It will be held in the church hall on the 19th August from 5.15 to 7.15 pm. For registrations contact the parish youth committee, contacts are on the notice board. Last day to register is 16th August.
8. ‘The Association of Crusaders for Jesus with Mary’ is having a Rosary Crusade this month, in various churches of Goa; to propagate Our Lady’s message on the Power of the Rosary. Our Parish has been selected as part of this Rosary Crusade on 15th August (Wednesday) 2018 and the service will be conducted from 5.30 pm to 7.00 pm.
9. Donation received for the church during the last week is as follows: Terence De Souza (Souza & Paul) Rs 5,000=00.
10. Dear young people “God has faith in you; He loves you and calls you” Pope Francis message for the young. In light of this message Pilar Theological College is conducting a Bible course for the Laity on 5 Sundays, starting from 26th August, onwards. For details kindly refer to the notice board.
11. There is a notice from the office of the Village Panchayat of Socorro. For details kindly refer to the Notice Board.
Fr. Caetano Fernandes