1. Next Sunday’s mass co-ordination by the Zone 2, Ward d. Mrs. Marta Gomes to co-ordinate. Saturday evening mass is in Konkani.
2. “He has anointed me to bring the Good News to the poor” [Lk 4: 18] – is the theme of the Pastoral Year 2018-2019 which began from 1st of June, 2018. Our Archbishop urges us to become true “bearers of Good News” (cf. Is 40: 9), so that everyone may experience, through our words and actions, the wholesome liberation that is contained in the Gospel of Jesus.
3. The inaugural mass of the new Catechetical Year is today Sunday, 10th June, 2018 at 9.15 a.m. All catechism children are required to be present for the children’s mass and Catechism. There will be a meeting for parents of all Catechism children today, the 10th of June at 11:00 am.
4. All Cherubs and children, who would like to sing or play for the children’s choir, are requested to enroll their names at the church office at the earliest.
5. The altar servers meeting for the year 2018-2019 is today Sunday, 10th June, 2018, after the adoration in the small hall. The altar servers meetings are held every 1st & 3rd Sunday of the month after Catechism class. Children who have received their 1st Holy Communion and have a desire to serve the Lord at the altar are welcome to join the Altar Servers Association.
6. The Parish Priest Fr. Caetano Fernandes will be visiting homes daily from the 11th of June 2018, from 4.30 pm onwards starting from zone 9 a.
7. The Pastoral Letter of our Archbishop Filipe Neri Ferrao for the year 2018-2019 is available in the church office and will also be available outside the church after all masses. You are requested to get a copy to read his message, at a small price of Rs 20/-.
8. The Government has many schemes to help the poor, many of which are not being availed by our people who are in need. Caritas Goa, who wishes to help our people have initiated a program called SCHEME BANK and a Mr. Lawrence D’Souza will be present here in the church premises on the 16th of June, 2018 from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm to help the people understand the various schemes.
Fr. Caetano Fernandes