- Next Sunday’s mass co-ordination by C.F.C.I (India). Alwyn D’Souza to co-ordinate.
- The special session for Confirmation candidates will be held next Sunday 1st September 2019, in the church hall from 4.00 to 6.00 pm.
- The feast of the Nativity of Our Lady will be celebrated on 8th September, 2019. All parishioners, particularly our children and youth are encouraged to participate in the spiritual preparation for the feast beginning from 30th August (Friday). The novenas will begin at 6.00 p.m. with the recitation of the Rosary followed by mass except on Sunday when the 9.15 a.m. children’s mass will be celebrated as the novena mass. Children are reminded to bring flowers for Our Lady as well as participate in the activities planned for them after novena masses. As in the past years, sweets will be distributed to children on each day of the novena as well as on the feast day. Those wishing to contribute towards the same may give their contribution to the parish priest or in the church office. Details of the novena & feast programme are displayed on the Notice Board. Parishioners are informed that the daily morning masses will continue as usual at 7.00 a.m. during the novena days.
- Novenas in preparation for the feast of the Holy Cross at the Holy Cross Chapel begin on September 5th, 2019. With the aim of fund raising for the Chapel, a special collection will be made at all the masses this Saturday/Sunday (August 24th & 25th) after communion.
- This year has had devastating floods that have recently wreaked havoc in at least 9 states of our country, resulting in an unprecedented loss of life and property. Caritas India, have reached most of the sites and are engaged in the relief work, together with other agencies. Our Archbishop in his circular appeals all parishioners to respond generously and support the affected people. Cheques and demand drafts may be drawn in favour of “Caritas Goa Emergency Calamities”. Details are on the notice board. A special collection will be made at all the masses next Saturday/Sunday (August 31st & 1st September) after communion.
- Today is ‘Breakfast Sunday’. Breakfast will be served at nominal rates after the morning masses by the Charismatic Renewal Group.
- There is a notice from the office of the Village Panchayat of Socorro. For details kindly refer to the Notice Board.
Fr. Caetano Fernandes Parish Priest