- Next Sunday’s mass co-ordination by Legion of Mary. Miriam De Sa to co-ordinate.
- The special session for Confirmation candidates will be held today Sunday 1st September 2019, in the church hall from 4.00 to 6.00 pm.
- The monthly PPC meeting for the month of September will be held on Monday (02/09/2019) at 7.30 p.m. in the Church hall.
- Communion to the sick and homebound will be brought on Monday (02/09/19) in Zones 1; on Tuesday (03/09/19) in Zones 2 & 3; on Wednesday (04/09/19) in Zones 4 & 6; on Thursday (05/09/19) Zones 5 & 7; Friday (06/09/19) Zones 8 & 9.
- The feast of the Nativity of Our Lady will be celebrated on 8th September, 2019. The solemn Eucharistic celebration in English will take place at 9.15 a.m. followed by cutting of Mother Mary’s birthday cake & distribution of sweets. Let us participate with great devotion in the remaining days of spiritual preparation for the feast of our Blessed Mother.
- Novenas in preparation for the feast of the Holy Cross at the Holy Cross Chapel begin on Thursday, September 5, 2019. The novenas begin at 6.10 p.m. with the recitation of the Rosary followed by mass. Zone members are requested to co-ordinate with the Ward representatives to organize the Novena liturgy on the day marked for them. The details of the novena & feast program are displayed on the Notice Board.
- The visit of the Statue of Our Lady to the homes begins on 15th September, 2019. The ward representatives are requested to submit their ward routes signed by them in the office at the earliest, but not later than the 10th of September 2019.
- This year has had devastating floods that have recently wrecked havoc in at least 9 states of our country, resulting in an unprecedented loss of life and property. Caritas India, have reached most of the sites and are engaged in the relief work, together with other agencies. Our Archbishop in his circular appeals all parishioners to respond generously and support the affected people. Cheques and demand drafts may be drawn in favour of “Caritas Goa Emergency Calamities”. Details are on the notice board. A special collection will be made at all the masses this weekend; Saturday/Sunday (August 31st & 1st September) after communion.
Fr. Caetano Fernandes