1. Next Sunday’s mass co-ordination by the Zone 1, Ward a. Ms. Effie Crasto to co- ordinate. Saturday evening mass is in Konkani.
2. The sacrament of Confirmation will be administered in our parish on 12th of May 2018 at 5.00 pm. All those due to receive confirmation this year should compulsorily attend the Special sessions in preparation for Confirmation. The special sessions will be held at Thomas Stephen Konknni Kendr. The session on 30th April 2018 (Monday) begins at 9:30am and ends at 5:30 pm. Sessions on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th May 2018 will be from 5.00 pm to 7.30 pm. Rehearsals will be from 7th May 2018, at Holy Family Church. The names of the students receiving Confirmation are put on the notice board. Special prayers will be said in church during mass from 1st of May 2018.
3. Children’s catechism classes for the new catechetical year will begin in our Church from the first Sunday of June i.e. 3rd June 2018. Enrolment of new admissions for Catechism classes is from next Sunday, 6th May, 2018. Those who are not residents of our parish are required to obtain a No-Objection certificate from their respective Parish priest/Chaplain. Those who attended catechism classes during the last year need not register again.
4. The parish is in need of Catechists to teach Catechism to our Sunday school children during the Catechetical Year 2018-2019. Those who have a desire to be part of this mission of faith formation of the little ones and can commit themselves to this noble task are welcome to enroll themselves at the parish office at the earliest.
5. Our next parish bulletin will be out in the first week of June. Parishioners are requested to send their contributions by way of articles, reports, testimonies, poems, etc by 10th May, 2018.
6. In view of the Summer Vacations there will be no Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament in the month of May. Exposition will resume from the first week of June 2018.
7. Members of ‘Society of St. Vincent de Paul’ shall be standing outside the church after all masses next weekend for their monthly collection.
8. THE CFCI Youth Porvorim is organizing a camp for youngsters from the age group of 13-20 years from 6th to 8th May. For details please refer Notice Board.
9. There is a notice from the Village Panchayat Pilerne Marra. For details kindly refer to the notice board.
10.Porvorim Visionaries is organizing a summer fete on 1st May 2018 at Socorro Woodside church hall from 10.00 am to 10.00 pm. For details refer to the notice board.
Fr. Tomas Lobo