1. Today is Palm Sunday, which commemorates Jesus’ triumphant entry into Jerusalem, culminating in His salvific passion, death and resurrection. With today’s celebration, we begin the Holy week during which time we celebrate the great mysteries of our redemption. Let us strive to enter into these mysteries with deep faith, reverence and devotion.
2. The 29th of March is Maundy Thursday. There will be a mass at 4.30 p.m. in Konkani for those unable to attend the solemn celebration at 6.30 p.m. The Solemn concelebrated mass of the Lord’s Supper will begin at 6.30 p.m. As decreed by our Holy Father Pope Francis that pastors may select for the rite of the ‘washing of feet’ a small group of the faithful to represent the variety and the unity of each part of the people of God, we at the Holy Family Church keeping in mind the Pope’s decree have this year chosen people of various sections and work profiles. Their names are: Tony Braganza / Lazar Pires / deacon Leonard / Cirilo Gomes / Dominic Dias / Manuel Lobo / Annie Fernandes / Ms Victoria Afonso / Ms Milyani Toppo/ Sr. Vellankani Mary / Ms Angela Fernandes / Olga John. The Solemn celebration of the Lord’s Supper will be followed by visits to the Blessed Sacrament which will be conducted zone-wise by those in charge as follows:
8.00 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. –Zones 7, 8, 9 / 8.30 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. –Zone 6 / 9.00 p.m. to 9.30 p.m. –Zone 5 / 9.30 p.m. to 10.00 p.m. –Zone 4 / 10.00 p.m. to 10.30 p.m. –Zone 3 / 10.30 p.m. to 11.00 p.m. –Zone 2 / 11.00 p.m. to 11.30 p.m. –Zone 1 / 11.30 p.m. to 12.00 midnight –Common for all
3. The 30th of March is Good Friday. It is a day of fast and abstinence. There will be the Way of the Cross at 7.15 a.m. conducted by the parish youth. The Liturgical celebration of the Lord’s passion will begin at 5.00 p.m.
4. Members of Golden Years Association will be reflecting on the 7 last words of Jesus from the Cross, on Good Friday, 30th.March at 12:00 noon. Parishioners can join them in this Reflection and Meditation.
5. The 31th of March is Holy Saturday. There will be a prayer service at 7.00 a.m. conducted by the Charismatic Prayer group. The Easter Vigil will begin at 10.30 p.m. Parishioners are requested to bring their own candles for the vigil service of Light. On Easter Sunday there will be 2 masses in the morning: 7.30 a.m. in Konkani and 9.00 a.m. in English. There will be no evening mass on this day.
6. The Paschal family blessing begins on Monday 2nd of April, 2018. The schedule is as follows:
2nd April Monday Zones 1 & 8 / 3rd April Tuesday Zones 2 & 9 / 4th April Wednesday Zones 3 & 6 / 5th April Thursday Zones 4 & 7 / 6nd April Friday Zone 5
Blessing of the homes will begin at 4.00 p.m. each day. PPC ward representatives are kindly requested to co-ordinate the Easter home blessing.
Fr. Tomas Lobo