1. Next Sunday’s mass co-ordination by Zone 8 ward (b). Mr. Apollo Louis to coordinate. Saturday evening mass is in English.
2. Our parish Catechetical Cell will be winding its activities for the year 2017-2018 with the celebration of the Catechetical Day today Sunday, 25th February, 2018. The celebration will begin with the Eucharist at 9.15 a.m. & end with the programme in the evening at 6.00 p.m. In view of the closure of the Catechetical Year, there will be no 9.15 a.m. children’s mass and Catechism from next Sunday (04/03/2018). The next Catechetical Year will begin in June, 2018.
3. As part of our Lenten observance, we have every Friday, during the season of Lent the Way of the Cross in our Church beginning at 6.00 p.m. followed by Mass. The coming Friday’s Way of the Cross and Mass, will be organized in English by the SSVP.
4. Parishioners are also informed that as part of our Lenten preparation for Easter, there will be a 3-days retreat from 15th to 17th March from 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm.
5. As in the past years, a pandal will be put up in the Church compound to hold the Holy Week services. Those who wish to help in defraying the cost of the pandal and other expenses incurred during the Lenten services, are welcome to do so during the coming weeks.
6. The sale of Calendars held last week including individuals donations by parishioners which has been handed over to ASRO-Tivim (hospice for children suffering with HIV). The parish priest gratefully acknowledges the generosity of all those who have contributed towards the worthy cause.
7. Couples for Christ India Kids meeting is scheduled for Saturday the 3rd of March, 2018 from 4pm to 6pm in the church hall. All children in the age group of 4 to 12 years are invited to attend the meeting.
8. New Parking slots have been marked in the church west side compound. We request all to follow the new parking system diligently, to help maintain orderly parking for the benefit of all. Parking instructions are displayed on the church notice board. Kindly refer to the same.
9. Let us, as one faith community, raise fervent prayers, for the complete recovery of health of our Chief Minister- the head of the government of our State.
10. There is a notice from the office of the Village Panchayat of Socorro. For details kindly refer to the Notice Board.
Fr. Tomas Lobo