1. Next Sunday’s mass co-ordination by Zone 8. Mrs Prisca Fernandes to co-ordinate. Saturday evening mass is in English.
2. Today Sunday, 16th of December, our parishioners will be participating in the Zone – wise Carol singing, in the church compound from 7.00 pm onwards. All are invited to participate in this yuletide program.
3. The annual Christmas tree for our parish children will be held on 19th December at 3.30 p.m.
4. Today is Breakfast Sunday. Breakfast will be served after the morning masses at nominal rates by the CFM.
5. In preparation for Christmas, the Sacrament of Confession will be celebrated at the church on 18th Tuesday, 19th Wednesday and 20th Thursday 2018, from 6.30 pm to 8.00 pm. Sacrament of Confession at the Holy Cross chapel will be on Monday 17th December 2018 between 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm.
6. On December 25, next Tuesday we celebrate the Solemnity of the birth of Jesus. The celebration of Christmas will begin on Monday December 24, with a prayer service by the Cherubs at 11.00 p.m. followed by the Solemn Eucharistic celebration in English at the church compound. On December 25 (Christmas Day) there will be 2 masses in the morning: 8.00 a.m. in Konkani and 9.15 a.m. in English. There will be no evening mass on this day. There will be an 8.00 am mass in Konkani at Holy Cross Chapel on 25th Morning. For other details of the Christmas program please refer to the Notice Board as well as the December issue of our parish bulletin.
7. As in the past years, we shall be putting up a pandal in the Church compound for the celebration of the Christmas midnight mass. Parishioners are kindly requested to help in defraying the cost of the pandal and other expenses incurred during the Christmas celebration.
8. This year we shall have the Star & Crib presentation on Dec 26. Those who wish to participate in this activity should submit their names at the Church office by Dec 24. All participants will receive tokens of appreciation.
9. The New Niches in cemetery is ready and parishioners can book the same in the church office. All parishioners having loved ones buried in the old side on the left are requested to kindly have the remains exhumed at the earliest, as construction on the left side will start shortly.
Fr. Caetano Fernandes