1. Next Sunday’s mass co-ordination by Zone 9 ward (b). Mrs. Joy Lobo Rangel to coordinate. Saturday evening mass is in English.
2. There is a meeting for parents of the confirmation students today Sunday, 11th of March 2018 after the 8.00 am mass in the church.
3. As part of our Lenten preparation for Easter, there will be a 3-days retreat from 15th (Thursday) to 17th (Saturday) March from 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm, which will be preached by Fr. Kyriel D’Souza. The celebration of the Eucharist will be part of the Retreat. Parishioners are kindly informed that on Friday (March 16) the Retreat will begin with the ‘Way of the Cross’ to be conducted by the Retreat preacher. On Saturday, the Retreat will begin with the anticipated Sunday mass at 6.30 p.m. wherein there will be a longer reflection given during the Breaking of the Word.
4. Parishioners will have the opportunity of celebrating the Sacrament of Reconciliation during the following week as under:
Monday (19/03/18) 6.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m……Holy Cross Chapel
Tuesday (20/03/18) 6.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m……Holy Cross Chapel
Wednesday (21/03/18) 6.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m……Holy Family Church
Thursday (22/03/18) 6.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m……Holy Family Church
Saturday (24/03/18) 7.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m……Holy Family Church.
5. As in the past years, a pandal will be put up in the Church compound to hold the Holy Week services. Those who wish to help in defraying the cost of the pandal and other expenses incurred during the Lenten services are welcome to do so during the coming weeks.
6. The Parish Priest will be attending his bi-annual retreat during the coming week. For any pastoral need, parishioners are requested to avail of the services of the priests working in the parish.
7. A booklet has been prepared by our deacons of the Archdiocese of Goa on the Rosary, reflecting upon the 10 Commandments and the Sacraments. They are for sale in the parish office priced at Rs 40/- only. Also a booklet containing 3 sets of Stations of the Cross published by the Diocesan Centre for Liturgy & priced at Rs. 30/-only is available in the Church office.
8. The ICM Sisters along with the SSVP are having a retreat for the domestic and migrant workers next Sunday 18th March in our Church of Holy Family from 10.00 am to 3.00 pm. Employers are requested to kindly grant their household staff leave to attend the same.
Fr. Tomas Lobo