1. Next Sunday’s mass co-ordination by Charismatic Renewal Group. Saturday evening mass is in Konkani.
2. Today is Easter Sunday-the Day of the Lord’s glorious resurrection. As we celebrate this great mystery of our faith, let us re-commit ourselves to witness to the ideals that Jesus lived, died and rose again for.
3. The Paschal family blessing begins on Monday 2nd of April, 2018, from 4.00 pm. The schedule is as follows:
2nd April Monday Zones 1 & 8 / 3rd April Tuesday Zones 2 & 9 / 4th April Wednesday Zones 3 & 6 / 5th April Thursday Zones 4 & 7 / 6th April Friday Zone 5
Any new families that have recently settled in our parish are requested to enrol themselves at the parish office, as well as meet their ward representatives so that their homes are not missed during the Easter blessing. Ward representatives are reminded to be present at the Church by 3.45 p.m. to take the priests to their respective wards.
4. Communion to the sick and homebound will be brought on Monday (02/04/18) in Zones I-III, on Tuesday (03/04/18) in Zones IV-VI and on Wednesday (04/04/18) in Zones VII-IX. Kindly take note of this change for this month.
5. We are grateful to deacon Joism De Souza who has been exercising his diaconal ministry in our parish for the past one year. We recall with gratitude his services rendered to our parish and pray that God bless him with heavenly graces as he prepares for his ordination to the priesthood to be conferred by our Archbishop on him & 6 other deacons on April 20, 2018.
6. The Archdiocese of Goa and Daman offers a Theological and Pastoral Formation Course for the Lay faithful from the month of June 2018, which is a one year course. For those interested please refer to the notice board for details.
7. The parishioners of the Chaplaincy of Mae De Deus Chapel, Gaunsavaddo, Siolim, have undertaken urgent repairs to the roof of the priest’s residence and are in need of finances for the same. They shall be standing outside the church next weekend for our contribution towards their cause. Please donate generously.
8. The Council for Social Justice and Peace has in a letter requested our support and solidarity towards the people fighting to safeguard the identity of their villages that is under threat due to inclusion of their land under PDA & ODP. A Protest Rally cum Meeting has been planned under the banner “Goemkars against PDA” on 6th April 2018, which will begin at 3.00 pm at the Patto Plaza near Passport Office and move to Azad Maidan, Panaji. For details refer to the notice board.
Fr. Tomas Lobo