- Next Sunday’s mass co-ordination by Charismatic Renewal Group. Mrs Bertha Mazumdar to co-ordinate. Saturday evening mass is in Konkani.
- Today Sunday, January 13th, 2019, 37 of our parish children will be receiving their First Holy Communion at the 9.15 a.m. mass. Let us in a special way pray for these children that they may grow and glow in the love of Jesus whom they will be receiving in their hearts for the very first time.
- Our parish feast of the Holy Family will be celebrated on 27th January 2019. As was done in the previous years, we shall be having special collections on 2 consecutive weekends beginning this weekend 12th/ 13th & on 19th /20th in order to defray the cost incurred for the novenas and feast. Parishioners desiring to offer novena intentions are welcome to do so at the earliest.
- Those children wishing to sing as Angels during the novenas should give their names latest by Sunday 13th January 2019 in the church office. The rehearsals will begin from 14th January, Monday from 6.00 p.m. to 6.30 p.m.
- Novena in preparation for the feast of the Holy Family begins on coming Friday (18/01/2019). The blessing of the banner will take place on Thursday (17/01/2019) at 6.20 p.m. followed by mass. The Rosary will precede the blessing at 6.00 p.m.
- From 18th January, Friday, novenas begin at 6.00 p.m. with the recitation of the Rosary followed by mass and salve, every day including Sunday 20th of January. The themes for the Novena & Feast are based on the Pastoral Letter of our Archbishop for the Pastoral Year, 2018-2019. Zones marked for each day are to conduct the Rosary and organize the liturgy. Parishioners are requested to participate in the novenas in a big way. In view of the novenas & feast, there will be no 4.30 p.m. mass on Sunday 20th January. Sunday, 20th January there will be the usual 9.15 am children’s mass followed by Catechism. Morning mass on weekdays will continue as usual. Prior to the feast there will be a 3-day fete from 24th to 26th January. On the feast day there will be a Konkani Tiatr, titled “DHONGIPONN” by John D’Souza. Tickets are being sold by the PPC ward representatives and in the church office.
- The feast of St. Joseph Vaz, patron of our Archdiocese will be celebrated on 16th January, 2019. For details of the novena & feast program kindly refer to the notice board.
- Holy Family Church is organizing a “HOLYLAND PILGRIMAGE TOUR” through Zion Tours & Travels from 19th May to 29th May 2019. Parishioners are requested to book their names for the same in the church office at the earliest. For details refer to the notice board.
Fr. Caetano Fernandes Parish Priest