- Today is Palm Sunday, which commemorates Jesus’ triumphant entry into Jerusalem, culminating in His salvific passion, death and resurrection. With today’s celebration, we begin the Holy week during which time we celebrate the great mysteries of our redemption. Let us strive to enter into these mysteries with deep faith, reverence and devotion.
- The 18th of April is Maundy Thursday. There will be a mass at 4.30 p.m. in Konkani for those unable to attend the solemn celebration at 6.30 p.m. The Solemn concelebrated mass of the Lord’s Supper will begin at 6.30 p.m. We at the Holy Family have this year chosen people who are catechumens and spouses of parishioners following a different faith. The Solemn celebration of the Lord’s Supper will be followed by visits to the Blessed Sacrament which will be conducted zone-wise by those in charge as follows:
8.00 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. –Zones 7, 8, 9 / 8.30 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. –Zone 6 / 9.00 p.m. to 9.30 p.m. –Zone 5 / 9.30 p.m. to 10.00 p.m. –Zone 4 / 10.00 p.m. to 10.30 p.m. –Zone 3 / 10.30 p.m. to 11.00 p.m. –Zone 2 / 11.00 p.m. to 11.30 p.m. –Zone 1 / 11.30 p.m. to 12.00 midnight –Common for all.
- The 19th of April is Good Friday. It is a day of fast and abstinence. There will be the Way of the Cross at 7.15 a.m. conducted by the parish youth. The Liturgical celebration of the Lord’s passion will begin at 5.00 p.m.
- The 20th of April is Holy Saturday. The Easter Vigil will begin at 10.30 p.m. Parishioners are requested to bring their own candles for the vigil service of Light. On Easter Sunday there will be 2 masses in the morning: 7.30 a.m. in Konkani and 9.00 a.m. in English. There will be no evening mass on this day.
The Paschal family blessing begins on Sunday 21st of April, 2019. The schedule is as follows:
21st April Sunday Zones 9 / 22nd April Monday Zones 1 & 8 / 23rd April Tuesday Zones 2 & 7 / 24th April Wednesday Zones 3 & 6 / 25th April Thursday Zones 4 & 5.
Blessing of the homes will begin at 4.00 p.m. each day. PPC ward representatives are kindly requested to co-ordinate the Easter home blessing.
- Starting from the month of May 2019 onwards Saturday evening mass at 6.30 pm will be in English through the year, and the Sunday 4.30 pm Mass will be at 6.30 pm in Konkani through the year.
- Parish Youth is organizing a musical evening on 28th April 2019. Parishioners wishing to book a stall can contact us. Details are on the notice board.
- C.F.C.I Youth, Porvorim is organizing a 3–day live-in INTAKE CAMP from April 26th to April 28th for boys & girls between 13 to 21 years of age titled SAVED –Sanctified and Victorious Each Day. For details refer to the notice board.
Fr. Caetano Fernandes